108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remote insight lights-out II No mouse

SOLVED
Go to solution
Martin_73
Occasional Contributor

Remote insight lights-out II No mouse

I have installed RILOE II in one DL380 G2 and one DL360. With the internal cable 30 pin in 380 and 16 pin in the 360. The keyboard is working but not the mouse. Anyone knows what's wrong. Firmware 1.02, Windows 2000.
8 REPLIES 8
david_747
Occasional Advisor

You should plug the mouse cable directly into the server and not the RIB T bar.

The above link should you provide more info. regards RIB cable configuration and ProLiant servers.

http://www.compaq.com/manage/remote-lightsout-server-slot-matrix.html
"I just wonder, Clive, if Beckham shouldn't get hold of it and put a threat on, instead of launching those Hollywood Balls towards the big Dutch feller"
Martin Modin
Advisor

That is not the problem. The cables are connected as they should. The problem occurs when I try to connect remote through the RILOE card, not when using the console localy.
david_747
Occasional Advisor

So you have the mouse working at the locally at the server and at the machine you are using remotely. Firstly I would upgrade the RIB firmware(2.41 is latest i've seen) Also try reseating the card and\or trying a different card if you have one.
You could also try sync'ing the mouse within remote console. hope this helps.
"I just wonder, Clive, if Beckham shouldn't get hold of it and put a threat on, instead of launching those Hollywood Balls towards the big Dutch feller"
Victor Pendlebury
Valued Contributor

Hi

Firmware 2.41 is for RILOE I
This is a RILOE II : I beleive a new Firmware should be out soon and solves some connectivity problems.

Vic
Martin Modin
Advisor
Solution

I solved the problem by upgrading to a beta firmware 1.02A, wich I got from HP support, Installed smartstart 6.0 again and rebooted server.

Can you please send the Beta firmware to my my email ID karthikeyan.sethupathy@geind.ge.com.

Thanks,
Karthik
humbel andreas

Hello

I have exactly the same problem. Can you please send mi also the beta firmware.

I have installed the firmware from the Firmware Maintenance CD 7.20, but i dosn't help.

my email ID : a.humbel@gmx.net

Thanks,
Andy
Martin Modin
Advisor

The beta is no longer current.
Download the latest firmware (today 1.16).
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/22742.html