108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Replaced CPU on GL585 G2 but warning icon is still there

peefee
Visitor

Replaced CPU on GL585 G2 but warning icon is still there

Hello,

This is my first support post anywhere. 

Our DL585 G2 had  an error message reporting a degraded CPU that needed changing (however the CPU was fine in Windows).  I tried upgrading the firmware but the error persisted.  I've replaced the CPU and now after acknowledging the error in the IML log the "Action" has changed from "Replace CPU" to "No Action Needed" however the warning icon (a yellow exclamation in a triangle) is still there for the processor section and on CPU 1.  Is there still a problem?    My manager would like to see green check marks.

Perhaps there is a diagnostic tool applicable to the processor and board that would do a deeper diagnostic?

Thanks,

peefee

System:  Proliant DL585 G2

Processor with issue:  CPU1, socket 1

Processors:  4

6 REPLIES 6
Mark Matthews
Respected Contributor

Have you right clicked the error in IML and clicked 'Mark Repaired'?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white Kudos star to the left if this post is helpful :)
peefee
Visitor

Hi Mark,

Sorry, I missed your post.  Yes, in the IML we checked off the box.  The entry is green and marked as 'Repaired'.

Thanks

Mark Matthews
Respected Contributor

Hello,

Ok, you could try running some Insight Diagnostics on it then.

This can either be downloaded and run 'online' ie, within Windows or a better way would be to boot the server from its SmartStart CD and run it from there.

Thanks

Mark...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
peefee
Visitor

Hi Matt,

I was looking at the Insight Diagnostics today but all that is listed for Hardware Diagnosis are the logical drives (1-3).  There is a checkbox for 'All Devices' but it appears it just selects all the drives (not other hardware).  Is there additional functionality when booting from the CD that would include the processors?

Thanks,

InsightDiagOptions.JPG

Mark Matthews
Respected Contributor

Yes, if you boot from the SmartStart CD and go into the Maintenance section, you can run Insight diags from there which should 'see' all of the hardware in the server.

Thanks

Mark...

peefee
Visitor

Thank you for the info.  I haven't been authorized to take the server down to try it but appreciate your assistance.