108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Replacement fuse for DL580 G1 System Board

SOLVED
Go to solution
James Crockart

Replacement fuse for DL580 G1 System Board

Hi.

I beleive my Proliant DL580 G1 has blown it's system board fuse. It was in a socket on the system board and I've removed it. The socket was labled F1.

Can anyone direct me to where I can get a replacement or an equivalent fuse?

It's small and rectangular, about 5mm long, looks ceramic and has the following letters printed on it:

F 5A (with a cross symbol)

Regards,
James
4 REPLIES 4
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor
Solution

Very unusual approach to fix servers, however if you found actual problem and signal can't get through; as a temporary solution, you can solder a hair size one copper strand.
If local radio store don't offer any equal replacement, search for older type system boards, especially for laptops (PI PII level) they use 1A, 2A, 5A fuses soldered to board. Some other electronic components like circuit board for LCD panels have them too. Older IBM and Toshiba laptops usually have 3-4 per one unit.
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi James,

It's more than likely to be a surface mount fuse that you need and you may be able to purchase a suitable replacement from RS Components in Australia.

http://www.rsaustralia.com

Enter "Surface Mount Fuse 5A" in the find field for a selection.

I hope this helps.

Brian

James Crockart

Thanks for the website. I'm pretty sure I found my fuse - I saw the exact picture - but it seems to be a 500mA fuse.

I tested the theory by making a wedge out of aluminum foil and placing in the fuse mount...

And low and behold the server came up!

Anyone want to buy a G1 DL580 - excellent condition :-)

Kind Regards,
James
James Crockart

See my last post.