1753599 Members
6445 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Replacing CMOS battery on Proliant 800 PII

Allen Daniel
Occasional Contributor

Replacing CMOS battery on Proliant 800 PII

I have ordered a Rayovac external battery to replace the on-board battery, which has died. I see reference to instructions for setting jumpers to recognize the external battery, but cannot find instructions or diagrams. There is a jumper on pins 1-2 on the external battery connector. Does that need to be moved/removed to recognize the external battery? If moved, to which pins?

Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

Re: Replacing CMOS battery on Proliant 800 PII

http://www.compucanjes.com/manuales/c01132693.pdf

page 2-27.

Move the jumper from 1-2 to 2-3.

BR
/jag

Accept or Kudo

Allen Daniel
Occasional Contributor

Shortly after posting my question, after having looked all day, I came across the same document. I have not received the batteries yet, so we'll see if all works well.

Thank you for you perfect solution. 10 points and many thanks to you.

adaniel
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

You're most welcome, and thanks for the points.

I did install a battery, in the same manner a long time ago. Can't remember wich model. But it worked perfectly well.

BR
/jag

Accept or Kudo

Allen Daniel
Occasional Contributor

Just in case anyone else references this in the future, avoid batteries from batterybob.com. I ordered two. They came USPS Priority in a flat enevelop with no packaging; keep in mind these batteries are approximately 1 inch cubes, they are not flat. Fortunately they were not flattened in shipping. The batteries also did not contain the velcro needed for mounting the battery to the computer. DO NOT buy Scotch Multi-Purpose Fasteners fo mounting. Buy a Velcro brand fastener; the adhesive on the Scotch brand stuck to the backing paper instead of the fastener. The connector also did not have a key in the appropriate hole to assure proper connection. The pin should be in the hole next to the red lead. Hope all this information helps someone else avoid the headache and hair loss I experienced. What should have been a five minute job took much longer considering shopping for mounting hardware and searching on-line for a picture of the connector to make certain I didn't blow the motherboard by hooking it backwards.
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

Yes.

Sometimes, trying to save a buck, ends up costing a lot.

BR
/jag

Accept or Kudo