1745915 Members
4227 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion

Restore ML10 on AC Power loss and graceful shutdown

Storberg
Advisor

Restore ML10 on AC Power loss and graceful shutdown

I have three new HPE ML10 gen9 servers and one older HP ML10 V2 connected to a APC Smart-UPS 750 with a AP 9631 Network Management Card and PowerChute Network Shutdown. Working on battery works fine and will in the end perform a graceful shutdown. The problem comes when power returns as the system seems configured to "Last state" when it ought to be "Power on".

I have entered the Intel® Aptio Setup Utility and the Intel® MEBX during boot and searched for a Restore AC Power loss configuration menu on the ML10 gen9, but can't find any. Have not yet tried on ML10 V2. I really hope there is such a setting on the gen9 server and would be very suprised if not!

Any help in this matter will be appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: Restore ML10 on AC Power loss and graceful shutdown

There is no mention of this Aptio in the user or maintenance guide. When does it come on? Can you get in the BIOS? At the end of POST you should be able to hit Escape or Delete to enter the BIOS setup. The power on setting should be in there. 

Storberg
Advisor

I am able to enter BIOS through Esc or Del as you say and it is called Aptio Setup Utility, it seems to be the latest version 1.04 that can be downloaded from HPE!

ML10 Aptio Bios .jpg

I would thena have expected to find the power setting in ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) but here is only a hibernation setting, which is strange!

ML10 Bios ACPI settings .jpg

I have not configured Intel AMT, but I don't know if there would be more settings to confgure?

TTr
Honored Contributor

Before you get in the ACPI submenu, under the main "Advanced" menu, isn't there a whole page of categories?
Look under the super i/o category or anything similar. The ACPI is for interfacing from the OS, it is not for setting up the power on states.

Storberg
Advisor

Went back to check again, been everywhere and the closest I got was under the Chipset menu and the "state after G3" which was S0 with option for S5, which is even more off according to my perception! I cannot really see or understand which Chipset version I actually have. Version 10.0 seems the most recent from HPE while Intel has 10.1.2.10 as the latest C236 version, which may of course miss features required by HPE.

ML10 Chipset settings .jpg

marvin5
Occasional Visitor

Any more word on this issue of returning to ON following power loss?