cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retreiving the Product Number

xyz789
Occasional Visitor

Retreiving the Product Number

I am trying to check the warranty on some of our HP servers, but all I have is the serial number. These servers are on racks which will make it impossible to get to the labels for the product number.

Is there away to use just the serial number without the product number, and if so, how do I accomplish this?

If not, can you check the product number from the OS, and if so, how do I perform that task?

3 REPLIES
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Re: Retreiving the Product Number

With just serial number, you may want to call HP h/w support and get the warranty information.

On some Proliant servers you may find the product and serial numbers on a label on the front cover.

If the system is running Windows or Linux and has Proliant support pack installed, you may run HP "survey" utility which provides the product number besides serial number.

Once you get the product number and I guess you know it already, you may use HP warranty website to check the warranty status.

It should be in the DMI table. If you're running linux, run "dmidecode" and look for "Product" or "SKU" in the output. If Windows, I imagine there's a similar tool somewhere.
Pogumirskiy Nikolay
Frequent Advisor

xyz789
You can use HP PartSurfer tool at http://partsurfer.hp.com. Choose your region and enter serial number in quick search. PartSurfer give you PN and other useful info