ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753317 Members
5289 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Retrieve Server Manufacturer via ILO PowerShell cmdlets

WesL2

Retrieve Server Manufacturer via ILO PowerShell cmdlets

I know this may seem obvious if your communicating with an ILO, but I'm in the process of writing a PowerShell script that will pull data from various Wintel systems running on HP/E hardware, Dell hardwaer, Hyper-V and VMware virtualisation, etc, and so I would like to know if there is a specific HPE Powershell cmdlet that will provide the Manufactuer's name in the cmdlet output, as I have found that the HPE Powershell cmdlets only only provide the Model, Generation, etc.

I am seeking this specific value to be retrieved from the hardware, so I am not having to enter a flat text string of "HP", "HPE", or their non-abbreviated names within the code as the script will be querying everything from G1 - Gen10.

2 REPLIES 2
Hema_H
HPE Pro

Re: Retrieve Server Manufacturer via ILO PowerShell cmdlets

Hi,

You can use Get-HPEiLOSystemInfo cmdlet and look for the Manufacturer property in the output.  But this cmdlet is supported only on Gen10 systems.  There are no cmdlets that gives the manufacturer information for servers below Gen10.

Thanks,

Hema

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

DanRobinson
HPE Pro

Re: Retrieve Server Manufacturer via ILO PowerShell cmdlets

@WesL2 

What is the target?

You mentioned HPE, Dell, Windows, VMWare.
Are you scanning the iLO/iDRAC subnet?
Are you scanning the Windows/VMware host IPs?
The tools you use will be very different for those items, so I don't quite understand how you think you will write 1 catch all script that will address them all.

A Starting point might be to simply connect to the server on 443 and check the response headers to try to fingerprint the remote device.  But of course Windows doesn't run a Web Server by default. Thus my point above.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo