6008 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Retrieving P/N on DL380 G5

Axllxa
Occasional Advisor

Retrieving P/N on DL380 G5

Hi all,

I sought the Internet for retrieving P/Ns of my DL380G5 but I didn't find anything. On the web interface of iLO2 I don't see anything and I haven't found anything related to IPMI either. The server runs ESXi.

Do you know a way to retrieve such info. In particular I need the P/N of power suppliers.

And yes, servers are far away from me :)

Alex

8 REPLIES 8
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

There is always a part list in the service guide (download from web).

Hot-plug power supply, 400 W 406393-001

Check the part number at

http://partsurfer.hp.com

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
VelocityTracy
Advisor

Hey Alex,
You can always google DL380 G5 quickspecs for all the p/n of your machine. For yours you can order power supplies under any of these p/n: 399771-b21(if you need the cable as well) or 380622-001, 403781-001.  If you check quickspecs you will see that there is only one size power supply for the DL380 G5 but it will say that its 850W acceptable up to 1000W. 

All three of those p/n are the same power supply. 

New here but not new to the Industry and Love to help!
Axllxa
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Torsen,

indeed the link is useful but for some of our servers (DL380G5 was an example because the HW type we own varies) it reports more than one power supplier installable. See

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=430240-425

In case of the following the servers accepts two kind of power suppliers and hence how to discern?

That's why I thought of querying the machine in somehow.

Alessandro

LouisH
Valued Contributor

If you know the serial number of the server, you can use the link that Torsten provided and possibly get more information by entering serial number in search box.

Most newer servers have a BOM (Build Of Materials) in the results link you can view.

Dont know server serial number? If iLO is setup, you can view server summary. It will be there.

It is usually a 10 digit number/character string from Generation 4 servers and newer.

Regards,

Louis

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Dont know server serial number? If iLO is setup, you can view server summary. It will be there.

It is usually a 10 digit number/character string from Generation 4 servers and newer.

>> If iLO is not setup server's serial number is probably in SMH on WIndows. For linux you can type: dmidecode|grep Serial

Axllxa
Occasional Advisor

Hi LouisH,

Indeed on http://partsurfer.hp.com I can search by S/N but th question I always ask myself is who updates such inventory, I guess it's the list when the server was purchased but if parts are added?

I had the same problem with DELL servers, I added RAM and the partner didn't know how to update it. How it works with HP?

Alex

Axllxa
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Johan but it's about ESXi server. Alex
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

If you search partsurfer for a specific server model you get all possible spare parts. If you search for a serial#, you get all parts original installed and  spare parts for these installed parts.

If you need different parts, you again need to search for the server model.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!