1748195 Members
4638 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Revision History

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Revision History

Can someone explain this revision history statement for the November 8th release:
"Changed APIC settings for 1P to match MP settings in the default configuration."
What is that supposed to mean?
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Did you recently add a 2nd processor? The APIC modes must be changed when going from a uniprocessor to multiprocessor setup. According to what you have written, sounds like the system configuration utility automatically changed the APIC to the correct setting.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

My apologies Greg, my message was too vague. The quote "Changed APIC settings for 1P to match MP settings in the default configuration" is from the revision history of the most recent BIOS rompaq for the ML530. It is not an error message. I found out that the APIC means Advanced Programmable Interrupt Controller. What is the "1P" and the "MP settings"?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

1P means single processor. MP means multiprocessor. What this entire message means, is that the APIC processor modes listed in the system BIOS configuration now match for both single processor and multiple processor systems. The previous APIC mode listings were confusing.