4653 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RiLO vs. iLO

ethan.gillani
Occasional Contributor

RiLO vs. iLO

hey,

what are the differences between RiLOE and iLO and which would work better in different environments?
I have only have introductory experience with iLO and no experience with RiLOE and am wondering which i to implement

thanks for your help in advance,
2 REPLIES 2
Gary Benavides Meza
Trusted Contributor

Re: RiLO vs. iLO

The difference between ILO and RILOE is that iLO is already integrated on the system board and in order to use the advance features (virtual media, remote console, etc), you need to buy an optional license. The RILOE card doesn't need a license, it comes with the advance features already. In my opinion is better iLO, you only need to get the license which is sheaper than the actual RILOE card and does the same job. With iLO you are going to have the PCI slot available, if you need an additional pci card install in the server.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: RiLO vs. iLO

The RILOE-II PCI (not PCI-Express) was discontinued several years ago. The current iLO2 management processor that is featured in ProLiant 300/400/500/600/700 servers is faster and has a richer feature set (with the purchase of the optional Advanced license either alone or as bundled with Insight Control) than RILOE-II did.