ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753569 Members
5914 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Rompaq for Smart Array 532

Jeremy Rogers

Rompaq for Smart Array 532

I am trying to install a smart array 532 controller card and I am having trouble getting it to recognize the raid cage. I want to make sure the Rompaq I am installing is correct. I installed the bios update for my server. Is this the same rompaq that the smart array needs during install?
3 REPLIES 3
Mark Smith_20
Advisor

Re: Rompaq for Smart Array 532

Jeremy,

You did not note what type of machine and OS you are running. I am assuming that you have the card installed in a Proliant running Windows 2000. The software for the 532 (in this configuration) can be found at: http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/storage/us/locate/20_5145.html

If you will describe the problem that you are having with the "raid cage" I might be able to help you out.
Jeremy Rogers

Yes, this is for a Compaq Proliant ML 530 running windows 2000. Here is my problem. I installed the card and the raid cage and boot the computer. The bios sees the controller card but then waits a very long time and then gives an error message and never recognizes that the drives are installed. I tried moving the location of the controller card and swapping the cables, with no luck. I did get something different when I put an ultra scsi 2 cable between the controller and the cage. When I did this it recognized the cage and gave you the option to press F8 to configure the Array, but it did not recognize that any drives were installed. I have the cage full of drives. I used another SCSI 3 cable but then it went back to taking a long time during boot and not seeing the cage at all. Does this make any sense?
Mark Smith_20
Advisor

Jeremy,

This is pretty strange. What type of cage are you trying to attach to the controller? You might be using the wrong cables.

Can you supply me with the part numbers from the cage, cable and drives and I will probably be able to figure out the problem.