ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752754 Members
4644 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Run 64 bit Windows Server 2008 on Proliant ML110 G3

Chris Thame

I forgot to add that if any one has any idea how I can fix that it would be most helpful, especially the storage manager section. Also the onboard network card works a treat.
Joshua Kaplan_1
Advisor

I attempted the same experiment.

ML110 G3 with BIOS CPQ06 8/17/2006 

Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise (64 bit)

8 GB of RAM

No issues installing, all memory shows, all devices except the video adapter show up as working properly.

I was able to get the ATI drivers from HP to install, but the device comes up with the message below:

"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use" Code: 12

Even after disabling both COM ports, the LPT port, the LAN port, the embedded NIC and the embedded Adaptec HostRAID controller and rebooting, the above message appears.

Running msinfo32 shows that  the embedded ES1000 video adapter and the Intel 82801 PCI Bridge are sharing IO port memory at E000-E0FF. The ES1000 is the only device using IRQ 10, and there are no conflicts showing.

In Device Manager, the PCI Bridge shows with an IO range of E000-EFFF, and memory ranges of EFF00000-EFFFFFFF

and E7E00000-EFDFFFFF.  The "use automatic settings" checkbox is checked and grayed out, and the "change settings" button is grayed out as well.

Because of the 'cannot find enough resources' error, the resources tab of the properties window for the ES1000 video adapter does not have either a checkbox or a button.

The BIOS does not appear to have options to adjust any of the resource parameters.

The frustrating part is that there is no way I can find of determinig what resources the video adapter is trying to acquire. That would at the very least give a clue as to what needs to be changed. How to change it would be the next challenge, but I would like to able to get to that step.

Any thoughts ? 

Joshua Kaplan_1
Advisor

Some additional info.

Running in safe mode, I was able to discover in a more exact way where the conflict lies (even though msinfo32 lies when it says that there are no conflicts).

The issue is indeed a fight between the PCI Bridge and the ES1000 for a memory range.

Unfortunately, the checkboxes and buttons are still grayed out.

All I need now is a way to open those boxes and buttons.