cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SA-6402 Controller in lock-up state

Mohanan Nair
Occasional Contributor

SA-6402 Controller in lock-up state

I am setting up a new DL585 server with an additional smart array 6402 controller with external msa30 encl

I am running vmware esx2.1.1, I was able to install and configure the card and was working till i reboot the system.

After rebooting, during bios initialisation, i am getting the following error:

"Array controller is in a lock-up state due to hardware configuration failure. The controller is disabled until this problem is resolved"

O/s is up and running with internal disks on smart array 5i (embedded)

Any inputs?

Kind regards
MOHAN
4 REPLIES
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Re: SA-6402 Controller in lock-up state

This usually happens if something is not seated correctly on the array controller. I'd recommend reseating the cache module on the 6400. Does this still happen with the MSA30 disconnected from the controller?
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Mohanan Nair
Occasional Contributor

Yes, i tried re-seating the module and card itself ( with and without external storage)

Infact, when i try to boot with smartstart CD, it just hung after blue-screen. No
MOHAN

Tarek Kawach
Honored Contributor

Hi Mohan:

check out these advisories:

Certain Online ROM Flash Components May Not Complete Upgrade Of Smart Array Controller When Attached To StorageWorks Modular Smart Array 20 Enclosure (MSA20)

customer advisory EX040714_CW02 revision 2
released September 2004
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=PSD_EX040714_CW02

ACPI Settings Under UnitedLinux 1.0 For ProLiant Servers
customer advisory EU030305_CW01 revision 2
released March 2004
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=PSD_EU030305_CW01

Not sure if this will help you. But could be problems with the controller; and possible bad controller or cache module.

Tarek.
Hey, look a light at the end of the tunnel.
Mohanan Nair
Occasional Contributor

Hi all

Thanks for the input.

I have taken the issue with HP and is sending the new card.

cheers !!