New Discussion юеВ

Re: SA-E200 dead after a reboot?

SOLVED
Go to solution
R. Lichtendahl
Advisor

Hi Karlo,

If i remember correctly (iirc) i only see F8 when the controller has something to say.. e.g. when the battery's are low, or as advise to upgrade the firmware of my hd's.

In normal condition's i don't see (iirc) the F8 option during the POST screen.

But, if you like i want to test this tonight for you. (at this moment the battery's of my NEW E200 are charging, so the controller has something to say to me during boot)

Let me know if i need to test/check it for you.

With Regards,

Richard Lichtendahl, The Netherlands - Europe (+1 GMT)
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

thanks

OK the first time you configure your RAID usually you see controller initializing and after that a F8 option that says press F8 to configure RAID or similar

the weird thing is we see the e200 controller showing up during POST but never F8 option to get into array configuration utility

yes if you have the chance to test I appreciate that

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
R. Lichtendahl
Advisor

Hi Karlo,

When i installed the first E200 card (my original) the BIOS was autoconfigurating the controller for me. Because i had an SATA disk installed with W2k3 SBS on it i fully configured the drive with the windows tool (ADU or something?) So in the initial startup i never used the F8 for configging the array.

But.. as mentioned before i only saw the F8 POST message when the controller has something to say. This was on Firmware 1.72.

Now with my 'new' (still working) E200 controller i see always the F8 POST message, even when the controller has _nothing_ to say. The only difference is that the current controller runs on Firmware 1.66.

Feel free to ask further.

With regards,

KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

thanks a maybe trying that firmware version would me on that issue.

Yes as you say F8 must always appears because if at any time you want reconfigure/change something the F8 is there to do any action

thanks I appreciate your information.

by the way what about after replacing with the new controller and the issue you were having?

regards
R. Lichtendahl
Advisor

@ This moment the replaced card works like a charm :) (just like my old card did in the beginning).

I'm right now busy with reinstalling the W2K3 SBS software, i'll hope that the card is still working when im done with my total installation (including the Windows Updates) that was the critical point of my other card.

I'll keep you posted.

With Regards,

R. Lichtendahl
Advisor

Hi to all,

I want to let you all know that replaceing the E200 with BBWC module did the trick. The server is now running for a couple of day's without any problems, even a reinstall with full windows updates (except the Matrox Display driver) did not harm me E200.

The support service of HP really rocks!
- Called support, explain my problem, give my server's serial. they said we send you an other one to replace.
- 1.5 day later, UPS is bringing me two wonderfull packages (e200 and a BBWC)
- After a couple of day i give support another call to ask about the returning policy.
- Next day UPS was ringing my door again to pickup my 'defect' controller.
- HP Support=Rocking / Me=Happy

End of story. So i wanna thank you all (especially Karlo) for the pointers, tips en hints.

KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

glad to hear

and thanks for the points

"End of story. So i wanna thank you all (especially Karlo) for the pointers, tips en hints"

my pleasure any time

you also helped a lot with your information

regards