cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SA5300 extend logical drive & NT

Ron McPherson
Occasional Contributor

SA5300 extend logical drive & NT

Hi. Seen a few posts on this topic, but I'd like to get a definitive answer if there is one? Got an ML570 with a 5300 controller with 3 x 18Gb disks in a Raid 5 config. The box is running NT4 server. I want to add another 18Gb disk to this volume & can expand the array, but not the logical drive? Msg "Controller does not support logical drive extension" The server was set-up using SS 4.90. The ACU version on the server is 2.50B. The firmware on the 5300 is 1.28 Rev A. What's the fix - is it ACU version; firmware; both; or something else? Any info gratefully received. Thanks.
3 REPLIES
Felicio Guimaraes dos S
Occasional Advisor

Re: SA5300 extend logical drive & NT

Is better use the last (and more fix corrected) versions from both firmware and driver.

I suggest you upgrade firmware first, then upgrade driver and last upgrade the ACU.

ALWAYS prepare for Murphy law, made good backups and have funny.
Ron McPherson
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I found this today on the Compaq web site (see link below) related to ACU v2.50B which is the version used to setup the array the first time around. Under the Fixes section it says "Removed the Logical Drive Extension Support for all Compaq Array Controllers and Compaq RAID Array 4000 Controllers due to Windows 2000 causing data loss on the logical drive extension" So, does this mean if I upgrade the ACU to maybe v2.90 I would then be able to extend the logical disk?

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/8927.html
Felicio Guimaraes dos S
Occasional Advisor

Exactly. I had found this problem with ours clients and the upgrade of versions made everything works fine.