108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SAS 146GB Red light Flashing

SOLVED
Go to solution
subashbl870
Regular Advisor

SAS 146GB Red light Flashing

We have hp ml350 server Smart Array 200i . it has 3hdd 146gb 10k . in this morning i got some error msg from this server middle of the bay hdd LED red color flashing . 3 months before i got a same error but Bay only different bay 3. now bay 2 problem. we bought this server just 2 years. i have doubt HDD how many years SAS drive life ? every days my server working 12 hours another 12 hours idle.
5 REPLIES 5
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

Re: SAS 146GB Red light Flashing

sas drives may well need new firmware get the disk model go to hp .com get latest firmware

The model number you can get remotely by going in to Hp tools and the array diagnostic utility , and on to the array controller , and onto the physical disc a model number it has this type of format BF14684970 ,when here you can press control f to get a search box open , just type the word Model in there to help with the search..

This is how we thank in the forum

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Enjoy:)

subashbl870
Regular Advisor

Another two hdd same model number ther is no flashing and i had replaced nes SAS drive it is working smoothly. how is it ?
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

please clarify you last statement
and have you tried what i suggested re firmwares
i have seen it work many times..
subashbl870
Regular Advisor

Thanks for replay my questions.

We couldn't install hp Smart pack ( Proliant support software. so i couldn't find out Array configurations utility . so can i install now Smart Start cd's ?( with losing my data .
marcus1234
Honored Contributor
Solution

correct psp pack does not cause data losss
you can also boot from this cd if you want and run diagnostics , offline that is best choice,

also paste the iml log here too i will check the iml log and also the array diagnostic logs

subashbl870 it would be nice of you to assign points to each individual question,
i have also replied to your sim questions
thanks