cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAS Setup on a BL35P

Robert Rushford
Occasional Visitor

SAS Setup on a BL35P

Is is possable to setup 2 logical disks on the RAID 1 set on the BL35p ?

I have tried to use 7.40 smartstart Array config but the SAS HBA is not supported

Any ideas

Thanks

Rob
4 REPLIES
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: SAS Setup on a BL35P

sure, why not
Create Array with ROM based setup Utility
Than start O/S Install with F6 and Driver
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/23583.html

than just set Partition size from O/S install
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

my bad - you need Logical

what options you have from configuration Utility: to use Optimal Size for Logical drive can you change number
Robert Rushford
Occasional Visitor

The ROM setup for the SAS HBA is poor and doesn't seem to allow you to setup the logical volumes it just creates a logical volume that's the full size of the raid

That is also true with most of the rom based setups (5i 6i 6402 etc ) However atleast you could fire up smartstart use the array config and setup the logical volumes

We have 2 x 72Gb SAS drives and would like a 20gb and 52Gb logical volumes

Rob
Jim Nathlich
Occasional Visitor

I haven't done it, but it looks like it should be possible via cfggen. I copied this from another thread on this forum.

From the LSI utility reference guide:

CREATE operation usage â Â
cfggen create {} [qsync] [noprompt]
cfggen create bay {} [qsync] [noprompt]

Parameters â Â
â ¢ â  Number of the SCSI bus or SAS controller targeted by this command.
â ¢ â  Volume type for the new volume to be created. Valid values are IM or IME or IS.
â ¢ â  Size of the RAID volume in Mbytes, or MAX for the maximum size available.
â ¢ Bay â  This option indicates that enclosure:bay values are specified instead of SCSI ID values.
â ¢ â  SCSI ID of a hard disk drive to be included in the RAID volume.
â ¢ â  The enclosure:bay value for the disk drive to be included in the RAID volume. These values can be obtained from the output of the DISPLAY command.
â ¢ qsync â  If this optional parameter is specified, a quick synchronization of new volume will be performed. If the volume type is IME or IS, a quick synchronization is always performed even if qsync is not specified. A quick synchronization means that the first 32 Kbytes of the drives in the volume are cleared to 0.
â ¢ noprompt â  Suppresses display of warnings and prompts.

The 'size of the raid volume in mb' *might* be able to do that, if you run cfggen. I've used it as part of an rdp job, but only for MAX (full drive) volume sizes.