ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751765 Members
4733 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SAS card PCI-express in DL380 G4?

David Jorge

SAS card PCI-express in DL380 G4?

How can I connect a PCI-e card to a DL380 G4 in order to use a Storageworks 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader?
Do I need to change the PCI Riser Cage to a PCI-e compatible one? Are those available?

Thanks,

David
4 REPLIES 4
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: SAS card PCI-express in DL380 G4?

Apparently you have the U320 disk running off the 6i embedded SCSI controller. (If you have the SAS disk option, you automatically have a PCIe card cage).

Based on the quickspecs, the PCIe cage is available under the options section part 354675-B21

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12028_div/12028_div.html

It also says that the PCIe is not supported on SAS models. I think it is confusing and it simply means that the SAS models already have it factory installed because they need it for the SA SAS controller.
David Jorge

Good tip. I do have a 6i controller kit. here's a pic of the riser I have.

Thanks for the Spare ID.
TTr
Honored Contributor

That's the PCI-X cage. You can search for the PCIe cage on the web in your area. I searched here and there are many sites that sell it. Usually you can find it in partsurfer.hp.com easily but somehow I could not search today.
David Jorge

I hope the PCI-e cage is 100% compatible with the SCSI server, I can see the SAS one has a totally diferent arrangement and drives configuration...
I already have my ppl searching HP but it's been dificult finding that spare n├В┬║...
Thanks1