1752474 Members
6444 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SATA RAID 1 and Preinstalled Windows SBS 2003

Srdjan_2
Advisor

Driver i provided did job for me; i have ICH7R-embedded but it is not the only model this driver should support, as i understanded.

Srkey
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

I have downloaded the drivers from Hp site and unzipped them and burnt then onto a cdrom

went through the install and patched the driver in through F6 and selecting cdrom drive. this was for win2003 server, and worked ok.

Andy
wohlgetan
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

@srdjan: thanks for sharing it, it's kind of dumb that the recommended driver doesn't provide sata raid functionality and the "wrong" one did....

@Andrew Rutter: Just to clarify: You didn't use smart start or an adapted installation disk, just a "normal" Windows Server 2003 installation disk from Microsoft. And the CD-Rom drive was (an internal one) on a standard IDE-port? That is going to be even better and better!

Beside this thread I also asked at a Microsoft private newsgroup for partner support about alternatives to the floppy-drive, and both the US and the german support professionals from Microsoft confirmed, that "it is hardcoded only to support a floppy drive" (german) and that these "need hardware
supported and should be an addition function added by DriveKey" (US).

Well, what a jungle! Maybe all the major players in Hard- and Software are able to find a new standard for pre-os-installation supported media that makes the floppy obsolete.

cu Patrick

freelance trainer & consulter
mcdst, mcsa, mcse messaging and security for 2003, 2000, nt4