ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752599 Members
4896 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SATA disk for backups in ProLiant ML310e

joaquin-h

SATA disk for backups in ProLiant ML310e

We have a ProLiant ML310e with windows server 2008 r2 a raid 1 for the OS, which I have added an extra bay to have a removable SATA hard disk to use for storing backups and alternate it every week with another hard drive.

I installed an extra bay to convert sata disk removable, but I'm not able to configure it properly, because when I add the disk administrator windows does not detect it, and when I use the HP software to initialize it only lets me initialize as a RAID. The problem is that when you initialize as RAID, when I get the disc to replace it, I get an error and does not let me keep doing backups.

Is there any way to use a SATA hard drive as removable disk for backups or just get this task with usb hard drives?
Thank you for your attention.
regards

j:.

2 REPLIES 2
Sergiu Niculas
Advisor

The same thing happened to me ... i have raid 1 using 2x1TB and installed a third drive. The OS doesn't see it intelligent provisioning is. Still i am unable to make it visible to the OS. Just go usb, this way is easyer to plug/unplug it every week.
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

The disk controller can be put in plain SATA mode (AHCI) or RAID mode, you can't mix modes on the controller

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!