5281 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SATA support 2003 Server in ML110 G4 without floppy

Gustaaf Cuyvers
Occasional Advisor

SATA support 2003 Server in ML110 G4 without floppy

Hi all,
I have a brand new ML110 G4 Server (417252-001)that I want to use as FTP-server. Things is that I bought a second SATA drive to be used in RAID1 (mirror). The ML110 G4 server has been choosen because it had an onboard RAID 0/1 controller.
Unfortunately, the controller is not recognized by Win 2003 Server and I followed the instructions to press F6 during setup and burned the driver to a cd and memory stick ready to install if asked by the system.
BUT, Win 2003 Server only looks for a floppy drive during installation of the OS and nor the USB stick nor the data on the CD are found. Because there is no floppy control in the ML110 G4, HOW can I enable the RAID?
When I try to install the driver after installation of Win2003, the driver soft tells me not to find the SATA RAID controller.
Please help!
6 REPLIES 6
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Re: SATA support 2003 Server in ML110 G4 without floppy

Hello Gustaaf,

There are many threads Under Server > Proliant ML, DL ; discussing the same issue with Solutions;

One of them is :

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1129942

Regards,
James.
Malcolm McLeary
Occasional Advisor

I did this recently with a Flash drive. I know the instructions indicate that it will not recognise a flash drive but the one I have "simulates" a usb floppy + HD.

You could also try a USB connected CD mechanism.
Gustaaf Cuyvers
Occasional Advisor

The server SATA RAID is recognized and installed but my previous W2k3 server installation crashes after reboot.

Gustaaf Cuyvers
Occasional Advisor

Thanks James,
The server SATA RAID is recognized and installed but my previous W2k3 server installation crashes after reboot.

James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Gustaaf,

"The server SATA RAID is recognized and installed but my previous W2k3 server installation crashes after reboot."

You mean to say, Got to install the OS & after reboot u get a blue screen ?

I hope you are using this driver:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/26742.html

Regards,
James.
Gustaaf Cuyvers
Occasional Advisor

James,

I used the driver delivered with the server. It is the same driver but an older release (54 instead of 67)

I will reinstall the OS and see what the result is.

I'm glad the raid functions, the rest of the installation will be no problem I hope.

Keep you informed.