ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753491 Members
4580 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SBS 2003 Premium will not install

Ed Daniel

SBS 2003 Premium will not install

We have a New proliant ml370 that will not install our HP premium operating system. I am told it is because the SATA array is not supported on the SBS 2003 OS before Service Pack 1. I am also told you cannot slip stream SP1 for SBS 2003.

Anybody have a solution on this?

Thanls in Advance
2 REPLIES 2
Berm├║dez
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Generation of the server? Let me know also the controller are you using?

Thanks
Ed Daniel

The serer is G5, and the controller is one of the the SATA array's 400?, not sure right now.

I made some good progress today, as follows:

I used the drivers from HP's web site and put them on a floppy. I used the HP Smart Start server configuration utility (as before) but when it restarted, I kept the SBS 2003 CD in and booted from it. Previously after identifying the FAT file system it would attemptan NTFSconversion, the restart then fail with a blue screen - "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal sbs 2003 0x000000D1".

I used the F6 command successfully, loading the SATA array driver.

Not sure of the order here, but the following occurred:

The file system was identified as FAT, I chose the quick NTFS. After which it showed a small C: partition and the balance as not partitioned. I assumed this was an artifact from the HP Smart Start, so I deleted the C: partition, allowing a single large C: drive.

It proceeded to install without incident, until with 13 minutes left it stalled (did not hang, as he mouse worked, etc.)

Checking the web tonight, I see this is normal, but painful http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839492. I am currently letting it run, HOPING that the install will give up lookng for the hotfixes and get to a login.

Otherwise I may have to hook up the server to the network, reboot, repair and see if it fnds the hotfixes.

Any assistance, comments would be appreciated.