108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SCO 5.0.7 ML350 G5 install problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
David Rekalske
Occasional Contributor

SCO 5.0.7 ML350 G5 install problem

When trying to install SCO OS 5.0.7 on an ML350 G5 using the intergrated E200i SmartArray disk contorler I get the following message:

No root disk contorler was found.

According to SCO as well as HP as found in this link: http://www.hp.com/wwsolutions/sco/driver-support-matrix.pdf

the correct Boot Loadable driver should be hpsas. However neither the BTLD's that come with SCO Supplemant CD or the EFS 5.770a from HP appear to have the hpsas btld. I have tried all the ones that came with both (iir, lsil, slha, wd, ad320) and none of them work. Any help would be great, thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
badnic
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Hi David Rekalske,

I think you can check the follow step:
1.config the logical driver first.(suggest use ACU with smart start)
2.get the EFS5.77 form this URL,http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/26531.html
3.unzip the file and use rawrite tools to write the 01_BTLD file to floppy
4.boot server with sco CD
5.write the right boot string when the boot:promot appear

for exsample:
defbootstr link=hpsas hd=Sdsk Sdsk=hpsas(0,0,0,0)
you can use usb driver or normal floppy
David Rekalske
Occasional Contributor

Yep following your order it worked fine, I think I may have had a bad copy of EFS 5.77 or creation of the BTLD got corrupt some how becuase the hpsas was not on it the first time I tired. Thanks for your help!
David Rekalske
Occasional Contributor

Ok now I have another problem with the EFS Driver. This problem only started happening after I installed the EFS driver.

When doing a shutdown the system hangs after getting the message "The System is Down" It should give you a message saying "safe to power off or reboot" You can not even do a system reset through the keyboard (shft CTRL Alt Del) the only way to continue is to power the server off.
Cesar Davila Jr

I am having the exact same issue with regards to rebooting the server. Using "init 6" does not resolve the issue. Has anybody found a cause/solution?