1752279 Members
4408 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

SCO Openserver 6

Eric Zimmerman
Occasional Contributor

SCO Openserver 6

I cannot apply the EFS package diskettes after applying Openserver 6 Maint. Pack 1 (pdgadd). Also, I cannot find this elusive "single image" of EFS 7.68 that the doc disk recommends, anywhere on the website. Has anyone come across this yet?
I am also having a problem with the automatic device enumeration of Openserver 6 (their version of plug-and-pray), and there is no way to manually assign it to DVD, etc. So far as a work around, I have been modifying individual scripts, when they are allowing it. For example, SCO assigns my DVD at 3,0,0...when really it is at 6,0,0. This is playing obvious havoc with all concerned scripts (emergency_disk), and any programs that I load which needs the mismarked devices. Removing and replacing them doesn't help, as mass storage is "automatically assigned at boot".

Thanks for any help.
1 REPLY 1
Eric Zimmerman
Occasional Contributor

Re: SCO Openserver 6

Update to the EFS problem: Remove Maintenance Pack 1, and the pkgadd service works as it should again. Also, the "single ESF image" referred to in all documentation no longer exists according to HP.

Still stuck on the screwy bus enumeration. Maintenance Pack 1 is supposed to fix this, but doesn't seem to work on HP servers.