4041 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SCOM 2012 R2 - iLo 2 health monitoring

RytisM
Occasional Contributor

SCOM 2012 R2 - iLo 2 health monitoring

Hello,

I got a ProLiant DL380 G6 iLo 2 server without any OS and i need to monitor it's RAID, disk and so on, health with SCOM 2012, i know that WS-Managament pack should find devices even without OS and monitor it's health, but for some reason it is not able to find my server. What other ways are there to do it?

Thank you, RytisM

3 REPLIES 3
Raghavendra_DV
Occasional Advisor

Hi ,

Run the DMC tool to register your HP servers with their iLO interface address.

Step by Step instructions

-----------------------------

1.Install the HP Device Monitoring Service (DMS) on a utility server, ideally not on any of your management servers,

2.Deploy the SCOM agent to this server that is running the DMS service.

3.Install the HP management packs required for agentless monitoring.

4.Install the HP Device Monitoring Console (DMC) on one or more servers. This can be installed on your management servers if you wish. This will enable you to launch the DMC tool from a task within the SCOM console.

5.Run the DMC tool to register your HP servers with their iLO interface address.

6.The SCOM agent communicates with the DMS service to discover the registered iLO interfaces/servers and begins monitoring.

I work for HP
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

JP_Picard

is DMC suppose to support ILo 2 with agentless monitoring ?

Because if I try to add an ILO 2 interface to DMC it failed and when I try with an ILO 4 it works....

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

You might try reading through this thread

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/4a1ee01d-1c41-4850-a72c-8624cd8fd6fe/scom-2012-r2-monitor-hp-ilo-2?forum=operationsmanagergeneral

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!