7319 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SCSI 18 GB HD

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

SCSI 18 GB HD

hi there,

I've got an IBM 18 GB UW SCSI 2 Hard-drive witch I whoul like to install in a ProLiant 800 server. Wondering if it's going to work I installed it in the Server and did not modify the jumper settings on the drive. The new drive is the 4th in de server. All drives (compaq) do not have any jumpers set. Do I have to change settings on the controller?.. and if so... what settings?.. Seriously help is needed.
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: SCSI 18 GB HD

Hi, Scsi id need to be set. All Compaq drive have id setting on the back of them. They should have jumper where you can set the id 0,1,2,3 etc since these are not hot swap drive they need to id setup. Id are not setup from the array. Check the model number and you check it out either by calling tech support or you can check by running a search on Dogpile.com in order to check if its really Compaq.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: SCSI 18 GB HD

The solutions is as follows. Insert the disk like a normal IDE disk. Do not set any jumpers on the back of the drive. Download the Compaq Array Configuration Utility for Windows on compaq.com. Install the program and activate the drive with it. Format the drive within Windows NT with the Disk Administrator. Format the drive with NTFS and you are ready!.... I did not modify any jumper settings or modified any setting on the SCSI controller. (Only by software)