1753829 Members
8745 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SCSI CROM CR-503-BCQ JUMPER SET on Proliant 1000

Jorge Rivera_3
Occasional Contributor

SCSI CROM CR-503-BCQ JUMPER SET on Proliant 1000

Hi !! I need to know the jumper set on the scsi cdrom drive in the proliant 1000 the model is CR-503-BCQ , The assigned scsi id is 5 I put it the jumper to set 5 id but i don't know if term power , terminator , and parity jumper must be set ON , because windows can't detect my scsi cdrom , what i can do ? thanks !
3 REPLIES 3
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Jorge,
Here is the link for the CD503. I hope this helps.
http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/computer/storage/cdrom/images/pdf/cr-503.pdf
Arthur Chang
Frequent Advisor

Hi,
PL1000 SCSI CD-ROM default jump setting is ID 5,parity off,terminator power off,terminator off,but end of 50 pin SCSI cable connected CD-ROM must have a terminator,if you use no terminator cable,CD-ROM terminator jump must be on.
Regards
Jorge Rivera_3
Occasional Contributor

ok thanks ! I have a terminator cable i will put the term power off,terminator off, parity off, but sector size jumper ? is 2048 bytes or 512 bytes ?? , I asking this questions because the scsi cdrom no respond or windows nt server setup can't detect it , in the server power on boot step detect the scsi cdrom and i can see the scsi id in this case is 5, this is my nightmare and is my third week tryng to solve this problem, any help will appreciate.