ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753592 Members
6254 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SCSI Drive for Prolient ML330

Alexander Douglas

SCSI Drive for Prolient ML330

I have a Prolient Ml330 Server with 20 GB SCSI Disk i would like to upgrade to 73.4 GB following Disk.

IBM Ultrastar "Daytona" 73LZX, 73.4 GB
Brand New! Ultra160 Wide LVD SCSI-3, 10,000 RPM, 4.7 ms seek, 4 MB cache, A/V Rated, 3.5" LP, 80 pin interface - 80 to 68 pin SCA adapter included, 90 day warranty. (IBM p/n: 07N6276)

Would like to know whether this disk is compatable with ML330's.

Please advice
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

Re: SCSI Drive for Prolient ML330

I don't see why it wouldn't be incompatible, other than it not being from HP/Compaq. That means warranty issues. So if your hard drive fails, instead of getting a replacement overnight from HP, you will be working with IBM (now Hitachi). And hope it's not over your 90day warranty --- that hurts!

So, if you don't mind that, go for it.
Alexander Douglas

My Worry was the Bios , do i have to change or upgrade the bios to access 73 GB
e4services
Honored Contributor

The BIOS does not care. You should be fine, but I would suggest using something else for the drive. These drives that are out there now, were froma large OEM production run when IBM sold out to Hitachi. THey being sold are everywhere and according to Hitachi/IBM they have no warranty.
Stick with a good Seagate like we use. lastest model. They use less power and are more reliable.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Theo Hill_1
Honored Contributor

the BIOS only effects seeing HDD capacity on IDE HDD. SCSI HDD are seen by the controller.