1752735 Members
5480 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SCSI HD Detection on HP ML370 G3 using Smart array 532 Controller

Ruel Mabeza

SCSI HD Detection on HP ML370 G3 using Smart array 532 Controller

Hi,

I recently got a Proliant ML370 G3 with 532 controller card and 4 scsi hd ( 2 hd with 36.4 and 2 hd with 18.2 GB capacity on each)

Problem:

I am receiving this following error during boot up:

During the bootup process no scsi drives is detected i dont know if this is the embedded scsi feature or the pci array feature. and after detecting the scsi drive the following information follows.

1. No SCSI Boot Drive Found
2. SCSI BIOS not Installed

system currently configured for microsoft windows 2000/windows server 2003

press f1 key to continue
press f9 key for rom based setup utility
press f10 key for system partition utilities

I was able to configure the scsi drive using f8 and RAID5 feature. I also installed vmware 3.5 with success. The other problem is its not booting itself and i have to hit f1 everytime i reboot the server to be able to proceed to the operating system.

Please help!
2 REPLIES 2
Dmitry_75
Valued Contributor

Re: SCSI HD Detection on HP ML370 G3 using Smart array 532 Controller

Hi Ruel!
First message not error. There are informational message for internal scsi controller with no connection to any scsi device. If you wan`t see it, disable int. scsi controller in RBSU.
F1 appear if true error message exist, mb one of too PSU failed or unplugged, or one HDD in SA fail. Check message above/
Good luck/
Shayne Heidemann
Regular Advisor

Re: SCSI HD Detection on HP ML370 G3 using Smart array 532 Controller

1. If you have a SCSI bus that does not have a hard drive then ignore the two messages..

1. No SCSI Boot Drive Found
2. SCSI BIOS not Installed

... as these are normal when nothing is plugged in (You could disable the SCSI device, but not required)

2. In BIOS, Change the OS type to Linux as the system is currently configured for Windows.