1753969 Members
7070 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SCSI Raid problems

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

SCSI Raid problems

I've got a Proliant ML350 Server equipped with a Compaq RAID LC2 Controller. The server is also equipped with the "Two-Bay SCSI Drive Cage" (244059-B21) for additional harddrive support. The problem is that I want to use all six drive slots in a RAID configuration. But when I connect both hot-plug bays I got a SCSI drive addressing problem, the two first harddrives uses SCSI ID 0 and 1 in both drive bays. Is there any solution for this problem?
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: SCSI Raid problems

Hi, This seemed to be the facts since you are using the hot plug cage and the non hotplug cage drives. Two different type of drive hence to different controller and separate id. You should be able to get that going under different controllers. Hope this will help.
Kev Hotchkiss
Occasional Advisor

I am in the same situation with a DL370 G3 Server, I require to use 8 drives in a raid 5 config using a 532 RAID controller and I am wondering if it is possible to change the ID of the second drive cage or should this not matter. Or is the answer that I need to get a dual channel controller?
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor

These cages are pre-terminated to use those SCSI ID's. Yes, the best solution is to have a dual channel SmartArray Controller and then you can bind all the drives into one array.

I would suggest the SmartArray 4200 or 5300 series controllers for your servers.
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt