1753783 Members
6966 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SCSI detection

Tech_6

SCSI detection

I am getting a No SCSI devices detected error when booting. I installed third-party SCSI drivers. The CD-ROM appears to be finding the Hard disk but at boot it will not recognize it. It's on a Proliant DL320. I've tried replacing the motherboard and that did not solve the problem. I also have another server that is an exact replica with the same hard drive that is working. Any suggestions as to what could be causing the problem?

P.S.This thread has been moved from Disk, Disk Arrays (Legacy) to  ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)- HP Forums Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: SCSI detection

Please be more specific. Is this disk you're trying to boot from? Is it connected to SCSI controller and interfaces are compatible (LVD/SE)? Does SCSI bios see disk? What do you mean 'at boot it will not recognize it'?
Can you please post here steps you're taking, system behavior expected and failure description? Did system work before drivers installation?
From first look I have an idea that disk is bad. Usually steps are to insert installation CD, then install OS to the disk, and reboot. Server should boot from hard disk without problems. At which step does an error occur?
Eugeny
CA838674
Frequent Advisor

Couldn'be the system is attempting to boot from a different Scsi card the hard drive is attached to?
It Consultant
e4services
Honored Contributor

Let me take a crack at this and at filling in the blanks.

You are attempting a new OS install. THe CD-ROM is the OS Install disk. The OS is NT 4.0.

Am I close? For this symptom would accure if you tried to install NT 4 in a Partition size larger than the size the OS will boot from.
Hot Swap Hard Drives