4335 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SCSI drive goes Offline : event ID 1070

Stealth_1
Occasional Contributor

SCSI drive goes Offline : event ID 1070

Hi,

I have a ML350 with 2 SCSI HD CPQ model BD0366349C mirrored. For an unknown reason, two nights ago, the event viewer (system logs)in Windows 2000 srv started given me errors (Sorage Agents source - event ID 1070). It gives me a first message saying that the HD has changed status from OK to Offline. Only 2 minutes after, it returns back to an OK status. This error is logged just after midnight (with no users connected) and half an hour after the backup begins (I've checked w/ Veritas BackupExec support - nothing associated for now). Only one drive gave me the error.

Now last night, same error , approximately the same time, but now the 2 mirrored HD are giving me the error messages.

Anyone have a clue ? Ever seen this before ?

There's nothing in Insight. Status OK everywhere. very hard to tell if it's hardware related or not.

Thanks in advance

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL). -HP Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
Jerri McCoy

Re: SCSI drive goes Offline : event ID 1070

I am getting the same exact message on a ML370 with mirrored drives, but it is still running NT4. Were you ever able to identify the problem?

Thanks!