1753747 Members
4911 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SCSI fault port 1 slot 1

Mikey Gordon2

SCSI fault port 1 slot 1

Hi,

I have a problem with a ProliantDL380 running Win2K3 Server.

On the System management homepage for the server, I am getting a 'system status: x failed' message at the top right. This appears to be because of the 'SCSI controller Port 1 in Slot 1'. Looking at the device via the sys managment webpage, I can see that the Model is being reported as 'Unknown Enumeration value 0'. I have tried rebooting the machine, but that has not fixed the problem (always worth a try). I was given instructions from HP for a fix for RILOE II by setting it to factory defaults. This hasnt worked.

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem where the managment console doesn't report anything being detected? If so, could you help me please? This would be greatly appreciated as I cant seem to get it working again. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Hello Mikey,

Any related error in windows event log,iml log?
Whats the System ROM and PSP version?

SRH
Mikey Gordon2

Hi Sandeep,

I can't see any errors in the event viewer that I could relate directly to this fault. Where do I find the IML logs?

Not sure of the ROM version, but I know it hasn't been changed since the servers were bought brand new 2 years ago. All I konw is that the machine is a DL380 G3 and has a PIII Xeon. and when I go to the System managmement homepage for the machine, it tells me that the HTTP Server version is 5.94.0, not sure if this bears any relevance.

I couldnt say what the PSP version is as I dont know where to find that sort of information.

The web management was working fine till a few weeks ago, hadn't had a problem since them.
I cant seem to find anything that has changed.

Mikey
Mikey Gordon2

Hi Sandeep,

Here is the info from the Smart Array 5i controller:

Controller Smart Array 5i Controller
Bus Interface 64-Bit PCI
Controller Location Embedded

Hardware Revision B
Firmware Version 2.58
Rebuild Priority Low
Expand Priority Low
Current Surface Scan Delay 15 sec
Number of Arrays 1
Number of Logical Drives 1
Number of Physical Drives 3
Physical Drives Attached to Port 2 SCSI ID 0, 72.8 GB (Parallel SCSI)
SCSI ID 1, 72.8 GB (Parallel SCSI)
SCSI ID 2, 72.8 GB (Parallel SCSI)

All Physical Drives Assigned Yes

Array Accelerator
Present Yes
Cache Status Enabled
Accelerator Ratio 100% Read /0% Write
Read Cache Size 48 MB
Write Cache Size 0
Battery Pack Count 0

Dont know if this is any help.
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Where do I find the IML logs?

Start -> Programs -> HP System Tools -> HP Integrated Management log viewer -> Save the file

How to find ROM and PSP version?

Launch HP System Management Homepage -> HP Version Control Agent.

HP Insight Management Agent version is the PSP version.
Locate Compaq System ROM which will give the ROM revision.

SRH
Mikey Gordon2

Hi,

Thanks Sandeep. When I go to use the IML viewer, it comes up with a warning error message telling me that 'The requested machine is running an incompatible version of the HP Proliant Remote Monitor service.' But I can access it from another server using its IML viewer there are 3 different errors, one is class network adapter and says 'Network adapter link down (Slot 0, port 2), there have been a lot of counts of this happening.

one for the operating system and says 'Blue screen trap (Bug Chek, STOP: 0x00000D1 (0x00000020, 0x00000007, 0x00000001, 0xF733DB20))', there has only been one count of this.

When I log into the Sys Managment homepage, under Integrated Agents, where the option to view the VCA should be there is only the array configuration utility option. I dont think I want to play with that otherwise I fear I will wipe all the data on the disks and this machine I am looking at is the file server for the whole company :S
Mikey Gordon2

I'm guessing that this probably means that the installation of the manament console will need to be done from scratch?

I was told by HP to the ProLiant Support Pack 7.4 or the Insight Diagnostics online from the following link:

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/69_4706.html

But after doing this I was unable to log into the Web management home page, so I uninstalled it. That left me able to log into the web management homepage, but upon doing so, there was no information displayed.

The page gives this info:

System Model: Unknown
System Status: None
Current User: administrator

Integrated Agents: Array Configuration Utility

Other Agents: None

Managment Processor: None

Other Software: ProLiant Essentials

Failed and Degraded Items: None

Before the installation of 7.4, this page was displaying the status of our servers hardware and RAID.

Is there a way to re-install the system management without wiping all the data on the disks?