8680 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SD Boot with Gen8 (DL320e)

T_1_6
Regular Advisor

SD Boot with Gen8 (DL320e)

So,

I wish to use SD boot for Windows and 3 Esxi hosts... but the 32GB HP SD cards are hideously expensive. Also the Sandisk cards seem MUCH faster for read/write performance than the HP branded products.

I notice that Intelligent Provisioning say it does NOT support any card other than Genuine HP SD Cards, which seems a bit of a problem.

If I wished to use Sandisk Extreme Plus/Pro SD cards, can I still install Windows Server/HyperV to the SD card WITHOUT using intelligent provisioning? Does a Windows Server install see the SD card as a installable device, or is there some trickery involved?

Also, if using a non HP Branded SD card, does the ILO4 throw up a bunch of errors?

Thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Windows will see and install to the SD device without Intelligent Provisioning. iLO won't throw any codes or errors

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
T_1_6
Regular Advisor

ILO_sdcard.jpg

Hi Jimmy, thanks for your response!

With a SanDisk or non HP SD card, how would it appear in the ILO dialog above? Would you get a red X instead of a green tick, and would the SD write counter still appear, or are these features for HP SD cards only?!

Many thanks!

T_1_6