4782 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SE1102 but nowhere on the support site is it recognised

Chris_Edwards
Occasional Visitor

SE1102 but nowhere on the support site is it recognised

Hi All,

I bought a SE1102 from ebay the other week, as I just needed a cheap vm server for a small migration job.

However despite having all the numbers you would need to for support to locate the drivers, the support site can't find it (516865-B21 & CZJ91504MK) interestingly, it can be found through the parts site, which provides a totally different number (470065-234) which the support site also doesn't recognise.

The bios is from 09, and I am unsure about the rest of the firmware. I would really like to upgrade the firmware but can't find the relevant upgrade files. 

Has anyone else has had this ? I have noticed a plethora of these SE1102's on ebay and other sites.

Somebody must have managed to upgrade the bios, i've been trying the DL160se G7 driver but to no avail.

can anyone advise ?

Regards

Chris

P.S. This thread has been moved from HP-UX > General to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) - HP Forums moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Ali
HPE Pro

Re: SE1102 but nowhere on the support site is it recognised

Hi Chris,

SE1102 is a scalable unit built on DL160 G5 chassis.

Although it is build on dl160 G5 server but system bios may be different as this is scalable unit.

You may need to call HP Support to get the right firmware and driver for this unit.

hope this helps,

How to Say Thanks ... Click on Star Kudos!

Cheers!

Aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

TheFlu

Did you ever find out any info on the server? I bought one off of ebay to and need some drivers and bios updates. I am trying to install proxmox ve but the inster see only single drives not the raid 10.

Chris_Edwards
Occasional Visitor

The raid is a software controlled raid.
Afraid I don't know anything about proxmox, but I have FreeNas running on it, and this has recognised the soft raid controller and is handling the internal drives as JBOD drives successfully.
I also installed a P800 SA and that is now running my MSA 60 quite happily.
Although I am struggling with heat issues now, but that is, I believe a cabinet venting issue