1753946 Members
8189 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SERVER RESTARTING

Dhon_1
Frequent Advisor

SERVER RESTARTING

I have HP Proliant DL100 server after installing the operating system(Win 2003 server), the server will restart and will give me a message "SYSTEM HANGS-DRIVE FAILS".
I opened the server and check if the Sata cables and controller are intact. In other words no loose connection between the controller and hard drive. Please let me know what else that might cause that error.
6 REPLIES 6
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Re: SERVER RESTARTING

Small question Dhon,

Did you install you server with SMart Start CD?
Dhon_1
Frequent Advisor

no i did not use smart start cd. i use windows 2003 OS. Do i need to use smart start in DL100 server.

Many thanks.
Dhon
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

When ever you do a server proliant it is a big diffence when you use a smart start CD, you can use just windows 2003 cd,but you can also have big problem.

Don't ferget to apply you re points have a nice day!

Daniel
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

wait a second Smartstart CD on 100 series?????

that is not supported

regards

Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Dhon_1
Frequent Advisor

I DO NOT THINK SOMEBODY ANSWER MY QUESTION DIRECTLY!!!I HOPE SOMBODY WOULD HELP ME!!!!

THANKS!
Iron_Ferrier
Advisor

Hi,
when does the message exactly comes up. Does the Windows-Logo appear and after 3-5 seconds the boot is interrupted and the messages obove is given ?

If this is the case, i think it could be the Hardware-based SATA RAID controller driver that is missing with installation from the origin w2k3 CD.

Try to press F6 during the installation process and integrate the RAID Controller driver manually.

???