4071 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

SHA2 Support on HPE Proliant DL 380 Gen8/9 servers

HPELOVER
Occasional Visitor

SHA2 Support on HPE Proliant DL 380 Gen8/9 servers

Hello,

Can anyone suggest how we can use a SHA2 based SSL certificate for HPE Proliant servers DL 380 Gen8/9 ILOs. 

ILOs are running with latest Firmware, but the SSL certificate generated by ILO CSR is SHA1 based which is vulnarable.

3 REPLIES 3
ShruthiSK
HPE Pro

Re: SHA2 Support on HPE Proliant DL 380 Gen8/9 servers

Hello, 

It seems that we do not have the freedom to select the type of encryption required in iLO4 even if it supports the SHA2 enryption. 

Hence requesting you to import the <CSR.txt> file information to the CA server and then see if there is any option to select the SHA2 encryption. (SHA256 is a flavour of SHA2 encryption which can be selected while creating in the CA server).

Please provide us with the outcome on the same once done. 

Regards,

Shruthi (HPE Employee)

----------------

Was this helpful? Like this post by selecting the Kudos option below!

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
HPELOVER
Occasional Visitor

Hi Shruthi,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will check with respective team on this will share the update.

Can you please suggest the procedure for Importing a CA signed Certificate for HP MSA 2000/2040 Storages ?

ShruthiSK
HPE Pro

Hello, 

Please refer to the SMU user guide which has the steps mentioned in order to install a certificate. 

You could refer to Pag 309 "Installing a Security Certificate" : https://community.hpe.com/hpeb/attachments/hpeb/bsc-257/10119/1/HPE%201040-2040%20SMU%20Reference

Please let me know if any further queries. 

Regards,

Shruthi (HPE Employee)

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo