New Discussion юеВ

SL2x170 G6 - OS installation?

SOLVED
Go to solution
cam9269
Regular Advisor

SL2x170 G6 - OS installation?

Hi Guys,

I have been having troubles with installing an OS on the SL2x170z G6 nodes that we currently purchased. As there are no CDROM drives for these machines and the install readme says to use CDROM drive

Can anyone give us a hint on how to go ahead with this?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: SL2x170 G6 - OS installation?

Hey!

Have you tried to use the LO100i webinterface?

From quickspecs:

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13383_div/13383_div.html

Licensed Features

Virtual media (Floppy, CD, USB 2.0) with Advanced License

--

So look like you need to pay for the license to get CD support? This was not the case with iLO 1 or 2. But via the 'onboard administrator' should be the way to go for you in case you do not want to try via USB or something like that.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

@Johan, Virtual Media has always been an optionally licensed feature with iLO, iLO2, iLO3, LO100 and LO100i. This allows customers to choose the features they want and not be penalized for the cost of features they don't plan to use.

@cam, you essentially have 3 options available to you:

1. USB CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
2. LO100i Advanced License for Virtual Media
3. An unattended installation method such as Windows Deployment Services, Red Hat Satellite Server, SUSE AutoYaST, or various other PXE-based deployment methods including HP Insight Control.

The ProLiant SL line is typically rolled-out in large scale-out farms, so looking into option 3 is highly recommended.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Cool stuff. Is the HP RDP not called that anymore? That was a pretty nice way to install many machines.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

What was ProLiant Essentials Rapid Deployment Pack is now referred to as Insight Control server deployment.