Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMART disk monitoring

Lonni J Friedman
Occasional Visitor

SMART disk monitoring

Greetings,
I've got a new DL380 G6 with an embedded 420i Smart Array attached to 6 SATA disks, all running Linux. I'm trying to find some way to monitor the health of each disk with SMART, but I can't figure out how, as the individual disks are never exposed in any obvious way. I've got hpacucli installed, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't know how to query a disk's SMART characteristics. Is this possible? How is everyone else monitoring their disks under Linux?

thanks!
2 REPLIES
cnb
Honored Contributor

Re: SMART disk monitoring

Hi,

Have you tried here?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=3884083〈=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3884082&taskId=135

It depends upon the version of Linux you're using. Use the Support Pack for your flavor of Linux or the Homepage agents provided will assist in monitoring all/some of the system components.

Rgds,
Lonni J Friedman
Occasional Visitor

Re: SMART disk monitoring

I don't think this package does anything with SMART. At least, I've installed it, and I see nothing SMART related, plus I can't find any documentation to accompany it. If you know of something specific in this package that can be used for SMART monitoring, let me know, and I'll be happy to give it a try.

thanks