1752802 Members
5111 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

SMB Shares stop responding in Server 2008 DL380 G5

Dana Racine 1
Occasional Contributor

SMB Shares stop responding in Server 2008 DL380 G5

I have a brand new DL380 G5 installed a few months ago, with Windows Server 2008 standard 64-bit, and HP SupportPAQ 8.0 (all latest firmware as of May). Pretty standard configuration, and it is just acting as a file server. I get two problems: first, I get "SRV" errors in the event log of 2021 (or 2012 I forget which), randomly, but always upon shutdown right after the EventLog service stops. These seemed benign, but every 2-3 weeks or so, like clock-work, the system just stops responding to SMB server shares. You can ping it, but it will not let you map a drive to it. The system is running SEP and BNT Agent 12, both of which were stopped as troubleshooting when the system did this. A reboot obviously fixes it. Every non-essential service was also stopped in an effort to isolate, but to no avail. Any one else having this happen?
1 REPLY 1
PLSmith

Re: SMB Shares stop responding in Server 2008 DL380 G5

This does not seem to be particular to HP hardware. I have had the same thing occur on a Dell PE 2950. Seems like a Windows 2008 issue. If you find any more info, please pass it on. Thanks.