ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752781 Members
6451 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SMH Shows Almost no info.

michael.breton

SMH Shows Almost no info.

I'm running a Zabbix server and loading net-snmp on a variety of machines with hp-health, hp-snmp-agents, hpsmh in recent releases. I am able to snmpget from the hosts, however when I visit port 2381 with my browser I see very little information. I thought it might be a software release issue and upgraded same result. The successful snmpgets tell me that snmp is working. What v2c community string does smh use to obtain info from the localhost?
5 REPLIES 5
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

If you only installed the SMH, that would explain it. The SMH is simply a user interface; you need the drivers and agents or providers to feed the data. Start with the ProLiant Support Pack and go from there.

If you installed the PSP and still no data, your problem is almost 100% related to SNMP config.
michael.breton

I installed hp-health, hp-snmp-agents, net-snmp (installed with server build) I was wondering what hpsmh uses as an SNMP community string to access the mib info from net-snmp or does it access the hp-snmp-agents through a different API)
Markus M.
Trusted Contributor

Hi Michael,
you are right: the SMH access the agent by SNMP.
So verify your SNMP settings, make sure you have entries for localhost, something like:

rwcommunity private 127.0.0.1
rocommunity public localhost

kind regards
Markus
michael.breton

This is my /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf
===(less the comments of course)===

dlmod cmaX /usr/lib/libcmaX.so
rwcommunity xxxxxxx 127.0.0.1
rocommunity public
com2sec notConfigUser default public
group notConfigGroup v1 notConfigUser
group notConfigGroup v2c notConfigUser
view systemview included .1.3.6.1.2.1.1
view systemview included .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.1.1
access notConfigGroup "" any noauth exact systemview none none
pass .1.3.6.1.4.1.4413.4.1 /usr/bin/ucd5820stat
=======================
michael.breton

I installed the templates rpm and now everything shows up on the browser. It surprises me that the templates are not included in the smhd rpm (maybe an oversight). Don't know why but would have saved me a LOT of time.