1751773 Members
4564 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

SMRTSCSI Array support

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

SMRTSCSI Array support

I have created a bootable Server diskette for a Proliant 6000 that loads the DOS smrtscsi.sys array controller driver (eg config.sys entry of device=smrtscsi.sys with the driver located in the root directory of the DOS boot floppy); I load the nic driver successfully for an NC3120. I have run SmartSart manually to create 2x JBODS served from the internal 3100-ES RAID controller. The floppy boots loads the smrtscsi driver but then states "No logical drives available." The DOS boot disk continues to load the nic driver successfully and map to my network share which stores the NT 4 kit I want to build from.

I'm trying to create an automated process to boot a number of Proliant Servers from floppy to map to a network share to install NT 4.

Please could you tell me how to successfully load the smrtscsi.sys DOS driver to see the local logical drives so I can install NT 4 onto the target local disk?
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: SMRTSCSI Array support

i am having the same problem on a 5000r with a smart-2/P controller and running w2k... the os boots and runs fine but i need to boot to dos so i can ghost the image. smrtscsi does not load, sees no logical drives and ghost freezes...

help!