108792 Solutions
New Discussion

SMTP RAID Monitoring

Boujid
Occasional Visitor

SMTP RAID Monitoring

Hi

i want to monitor RAID health by configuring SMTP alerts

i've searched and i found some posts, it said that i require to install "HP Management Agents" and to be sure to have the service "HP Insight Event Notifier" running

we have 2 servers, one "HP Proliant DL360 G7" and the second is a "HP Proliant DL185 G5"

both of them are pre-installed, and in both of them i cannot find the ""HP Insight Event Notifier" service

in the DL360 G7, there is "HP Management Agents"-->"HP System Management Homepage"

in the DL185 G5, there is "HP System Tools"

i've been looking in HP drivers, i downloaded some softs, but i found them that they are ISO images for offline

the servers are bit old, i must update their softwares also install the new releases, we are running windows 2003 server 64-bit edition

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdHome/?sp4ts.oid=4091409&spf_p.tpst=swdMain&spf_p.prp_swdMain=wsrp-navigationalState%3DswEnvOID%253D1113%257CswLang%253D%257Caction%253DlistDriver&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdHome/?sp4ts.oid=3579901&spf_p.tpst=swdMain&spf_p.prp_swdMain=wsrp-navigationalState%3DswEnvOID%253D1113%257CswLang%253D%257Caction%253DlistDriver&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken#Software - Solutions

Please, can someone help me and tell me which exact package i have to install in each of server to monitor RAID by SMTP ?

Thanks a lot

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: SMTP RAID Monitoring

Hi,

You need to install and configure the following softwares:

ProLiant Support Pack

HP Insight Management Agents

SMNP Traps

Check out this document, it will help you configure.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Boujid
Occasional Visitor

Re: SMTP RAID Monitoring

Thanks a lot

from the support pack i can download packages

for the Proliant DL360 G7 all went well, i haven't configured the SMTP alerts yet

but for the DL185 G5, i've got some problems

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation for "HP Insight Managemnt Agents for Windows Server 2003/2008 x64 Editions" requires one or more of the following that is not currently installed or in the install set:

-HP Proliant Advanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows
-HP Proliant iLO Advanced Enhanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows
-HP Proliant iLO 2 Management Controller Driver for Windows
-HP Proliant iLO 3 Management Controller Driver for Windows
-HP Proliant iLO 3 Management Controller Driver for Windows
-HP Proliant 100-Series Management Controller Driver for Windows
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i've searched for the right packages for Windows 2003 x64 without success

i've found a post with a link for Windows 2008 x64 and not for the 2003 x64

where can i find the necessary packages so i can install the "HP Insight Managemnt Agents" ??

Thanks