1753261 Members
4889 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SNMP Service terminating

Miika T
Valued Contributor

SNMP Service terminating

I've encountered a situation where new G6 BL/DL servers with eiher Windows 2003 or 2008 R2 and Proliant Support Pack 8.30 installed, the SNMP Service keeps terminating without any obious reason. All I get is this:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7034
Date: 10.3.2010
Time: 13:10:51
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER
Description:
The SNMP Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

If I do a clean boot with msconfig with microsoft services only, the snmp service is stable. Wheter it's the PSP8.30 or something else, MS/HP support seems be clueless what to do with it.

Anyone have similiar experience?

-MiikaT

3 REPLIES 3
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Hi!

Yes we had this a few months ago it was on our BL460c G6 with windows 2003 SP2 with PSP8.25. tried to upgrade to 8.30 but didn't help. The SNMP service died like every 5-40 minutes in our enviroment.

What did help was to kill our System Insight Manager server. There is something wrong with the snmp requests from SIM. Can't remember now exactly what version of SIM we used but it was around 5.2.

We did some logging on the SNMP service on one server and the last thing to happen was that the SIM server sent som snmp packets to the server. Then the SNMP Service died.

//Cederberg
Miika T
Valued Contributor

Hi Cederberg,

this might be a common issue, we have SIM 5.2.2 installed as well. Maybe I need to investigate SIM 5.3 update before SIM 6.0 is released.

-MiikaT
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Hey Miika

Well i can't point you in any direction as we shutdown our SIM so we didn't try to upgrade.