1751933 Members
4824 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SNMP error sent when server reboots

Darrenrd
Advisor

SNMP error sent when server reboots

Has anyone seen this error.. I was told by HP that since I'm using a 6404 raid card and no drives are attached to (2) of the (4) channnels . I will receive this error on each reboot which should be ignored.. However its a bit anoying ! perhaps some may have a fix ??
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Server Agents
Event Category: Events
Event ID: 1123
Date: 6/10/2004
Time: 10:29:51 PM
User: N/A
Computer: USMEL2KDB01
Description:
System Information Agent: Health: Post Errors were detected. One or more Power-On-Self-Test errors were detected during server startup.
[SNMP TRAP: 6027 in CPQHLTH.MIB]
Live life like there is no tomorrow
4 REPLIES 4
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

hi,

The error message is due to the fact that the CIM agent detects a 1785-xx POST error (Drive array was not configured). The event error occurs if there is no drive connected to the Smart Array Controller. Once a HDD drive is connected to the Smart Array Controller and configured as a logical drive with ACU, the error will go away. The error is informational and does not functionally impair the server's performance. You can ignore it, if there are no POST errors reported and no indications of any drive access problems.

So please check for IML Logs for any error like same.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Brad Lewis
Advisor

I am getting the same error message, but I do have 4 drives attached to the SA controller in a RAID 5 config.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Post errors will be logged in the Integrated Management Log. Use the IML viewer or the Insight agents to view. That should tell you the particulars about the error that occurred so you can correct it.
Brad Lewis
Advisor

There is no errors in the ILM.