1752723 Members
6959 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SNMP.....what am I missing?

tom_seriun
Occasional Visitor

SNMP.....what am I missing?

I have a ML350p Gen8 which I'm trying to monitor with SNMP but I can't do an SNMP walk against the Windows OS.

In SMH, I can see the status of the hardware, all good:

SMH

In services, I have 'Accept SNMP packets from any host':

Services

But if I do a SNMP walk, I don't get anything back:

SNMP Walk

What am I missing?

5 REPLIES 5
Bunsol
HPE Pro

Hi Tom,

Good Day. From the screenshot shared we see the SNMP is working. If SNMP is working fine then the issue could not be with the SMH or on the host machine. SNMP walk is not working as seen in the screenshot hence request you to contact your application vendor and have them looked at this.

Regards,

Bunsol

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
tom_seriun
Occasional Visitor

I'm 100% sure it's not the SNMP software, I've tried another to confirm.

If I enable 'Agentless Management' rather than 'SNMP Pass-thru' and walk 1.3.6.1.4.1.232 on the IP address of iLO, it responds fine. 

If I switch it back to 'SNMP Pass-thru' and walk 1.3.6.1.4.1.232 on the IP address of the Hyper-V host, it fails to respond at all.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@tom_seriun wrote:

I'm 100% sure it's not the SNMP software, I've tried another to confirm.

If I enable 'Agentless Management' rather than 'SNMP Pass-thru' and walk 1.3.6.1.4.1.232 on the IP address of iLO, it responds fine. 

If I switch it back to 'SNMP Pass-thru' and walk 1.3.6.1.4.1.232 on the IP address of the Hyper-V host, it fails to respond at all.

Firewall rule on the SNMP host?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
tom_seriun
Occasional Visitor

Windows Firewall is completely off for testing. No A/V firewall installed.

Strangely, it seems to work on some other HP servers we have around with no major difference in config that I can see.

Bunsol
HPE Pro

Hi Tom,

If it is working fine for other machines in your environment and only this machine has the issue even though there is no firewall then this needs to be checked. Request you to log a case with HPE support using the below link:-

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/home

Regards,

Bunsol.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo