cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPP for bare-metal DL380G9

HP238
Occasional Visitor

SPP for bare-metal DL380G9

I downloaded the latest SPP for Proliant servers, to burn a DVD to boot from.

On the download page, it says, “The SPP may not fit on standard DVD media. See the HP Service Pack for ProLiant Release Notes for more information.”

So I go to the Release Notes for Proliant to see how to address this problem.

In the Release Notes for Proliant document, it states, “The SPP may not fit on standard DVD media. See the HP Service Pack for ProLiant Release Notes for more information.”

As you can see, it is a vicious circle that never ends. There is nothing in the Release Notes that addresses it.

I can’t use the USB Key Utility, because you have to have the DVD burned before you can transfer it to the USB key.  The utility won’t work from an .iso image.

When I try to burn the DVD (4.7GB DVD-R), it says the image is too large for the DVD. The .iso is 4.91GB.

I am trying to create a bootable DVD or USB key that I can boot the bare-metal server from.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES
HoracioMiranda
Occasional Visitor

Re: SPP for bare-metal DL380G9

It is possible to mound the ISO using the Virtual Drive option ?  I never burn DVD with iLO (no from iLo version 2).

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: SPP for bare-metal DL380G9

HP238 wrote:

I can’t use the USB Key Utility, because you have to have the DVD burned before you can transfer it to the USB key.  The utility won’t work from an .iso image.

I can't recall the last time I burned an ISO image to DVD medai. If I don't mount the image over iLO virtual media or set  the iimage up for PXE boot I will use a USB key.

For Windows I use the free virtual CD tool from Magic ISO that allows you to mount ISO images. http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-magicdisc-overview.htm

There are other tools out there but this one has always worked well for me

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!