1748116 Members
3488 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SSA version differences

LesRMed
Advisor

SSA version differences

If I lauch SSA from the BIOS during system boot, it's showing version 2.60.18.0. Going through iLo or the System Management Homepage I have version 4.15.6.0. As such, I can't do anything with the SSA configuration from the boot screen because it says my arrays were configured with a newer version. How can I update the BIOS version to match the iLo and Management version?

5 REPLIES 5
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

You need to update Intelligent Provisioning.

What server model?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
LesRMed
Advisor

It's a Gen 9 ML 350.

Les Reeder
IT Systems Administrator
Medical AR Management Services, LLC
2537 S. Gessner Rd. Suite 200

[cid:image001.png@01D6A12F.3DCE1860]

The information contained in this e-mail may be privileged and confidential information and is intended only for the use of the individual and/or entity identified in the address of this message. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or and employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited by law. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message and any attachment from your system. Thank you.

LesMedAR
Visitor

I updated IP to version 2.82.9 (the lastest I could find). That updated to BIOS version of SSA to 3.30.14.0, but that's still lower than what iLO and Homepage are showing version 4.15.6.0. Is there a later IP from Gen 9 that I just can't find? Am I just chasing my tail for something that doesn't matter?

mysy
Valued Contributor

few way to use SSA .

1. The IP mode with F10 button.

2. HPE website also have offline SSA iso image, you could download it and use iLO load virual CD mode to boot to SSA GUI.

3. I use WinPE iso image, after it boot up, install the SAS controller driver and SSA software also could do some configuration.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

plus another option:

boot from a current SPP and start SSA within.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!