ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753481 Members
4483 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SSD Wear Status SSD has less than an estimated 56 days before it reaches the maximum usage limit

George-M
Occasional Contributor

SSD Wear Status SSD has less than an estimated 56 days before it reaches the maximum usage limit

Hello everyone, i have one ML350 Gen8 Server with P420i controller and 4 SATA SSD Disks on it in Raid5.

The Storage firmware is versio 8.0. Looking at the ACU i have the following warning on all of my disks:

SSD Wear Status SSD has less than an estimated 56 days before it reaches the maximum usage limit for writes (wearout) and should be replaced as soon as possible.

But looking at "More Info" on those disks i get the following

SmartSSD Status
SSD Wear Status SSD has less than an estimated 56 days before it reaches the maximum usage limit for writes (wearout) and should be replaced as soon as possible.
Power On Hours 100
Estimated Life Remaining Based On Workload To Date 25 day(s)
Usage Remaining 86.11%
SSD Utilization 13.89%
Physical Drive
Status OK
Drive Configuration Type Data
Size 100.0 GB
Drive Type Solid State SATA
Model ATA MO0100EBTJT
Serial Number Confidential Information
Firmware Version HPG4
Current Temperature 34┬░C
Maximum Temperature 49┬░C
PHY Count 1
Transfer Speed 3 Gbps
Physical Drive Authentication
Drive Authentication Status OK
Carrier Application Version 11
Carrier Bootloader Version 6
Box 1
Bay 1
Device Path
Smart Array P420i in Embedded Slot
Solid State SATA Array A - 1 Logical Drive(s)

Why the system says that the Estimated Life Remaining is about 25 days but the usage remaining is 86% ?

What of the two is correct? the 25 days life remaining or thw 86% usage remaining?

It seems odd to me.

Thank you in advance,

George

2 REPLIES 2
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: SSD Wear Status SSD has less than an estimated 56 days before it reaches the maximum usage limit

Hello,

I can say take the complete data backup because that hard disks are running with the latest firmware.

you have to replace the hard drive before reaching the maximum user limit.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: SSD Wear Status SSD has less than an estimated 56 days before it reaches the maximum usage limit

Hello,

Please let us know if you have any other queries.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo