108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SSD and drive caddy activity lights

SysopSolaris
Established Member

SSD and drive caddy activity lights

Ml310e gen 8 ( non v2 )
All drive caddys check good
When using a SSD the drive caddys activity lights do not show drive activity, however during post check of the smart array they work fine . Bay lights also work fine for all other bays once fully booted with standard sata drives installed . the SSD drive works fine and is in fact my OS drive . I just cant get the caddy lights to work after post check with the SSD
3 REPLIES 3
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

When the hard drive status is off it indicates that the hard drive is not configured part of an array. Please refer to the section "Hot-plug drive LED definitions" on page 74 of the HP ProLiant ML310e Gen8 Server Maintenance and Service Guide.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

SysopSolaris
Established Member

Thank you responding 

Well I dont run raid , and if I take the SSD out and place a SATA HDD in bay one it works as it should . No matter what bay I put the SSD drive in the activity lights do not work after boot up   . I dont think this is a array issue but rather something to do with how the system sees the SSD . I have verified the caddy works , and bays 2 3 4 all with SATA HDD work as they should . 

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

You are using non-HPE hard disks.

Suspacting caddy issue, needs to be replace.

I would suggest, you have to log a proper case with HPE, and share the appropriate logs for further analysis.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo